Select tip shape
How to use Shape Concave and examples
This type has a concave (or V-groove) at the end. Features a wider tip surface that contacts the land pattern, which provides excellent heat supply to solder joints and ensures sufficient solder flow-up. It is recommended for soldering involving multi-layered boards and increased PWB patterns due to higher current
- Lead-free solder does not flow up enough
- Using 2 soldering irons or a desoldering tool to provide enough heat to solder joint
- Preheaters cannot be used
- Work efficiency is reduced for automobile PWB which requires high heat capacity
There are 2 types, concave and V-groove. And you can select and use the one according to your preference for specific flute width, angle of contact, heat capacity determined by flute shape, as well as land size and lead diameter.
For improved solder flow-up
* These two types are available from T12, T20 and T33 series only.